Pizza can be a healthy food if you focus on the right ingredients. In fact, it may even help you lose weight following some tips. Capsicum is a spicy chilli pepper that can help you burn up a lot of calories.
So here is the recipe for the most healthy pizza.
INGREDIENTS (for the ‘whole wheat’ dough)
- 2 cups (250g) Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) Yeast
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 3/4 tsp Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the perfect Tomato Base
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 tsp garlic in jar or one clove garlic
- large slice red capsicum
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli
- variety fresh Italian herbs – (I recommend; basil, oregano and sage)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
METHOD (for the dough)
- If using active dry yeast, place it in a large bowl with the water and honey for 10 minutes, or until yeast is frothy. If using instant yeast, please disregard this step.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Turn out dough onto a lightly-floured surface and knead the dough for 10 minutes, or until dough is smooth. If using a stand mixer, use the dough attachment and knead on a low setting for about five minutes, or until dough is smooth and pulls away from the bowl cleanly.
- Cover dough with a tea towel and allow to rise for one hour, or until doubled in size.
- You may either roll out dough, cover with toppings, and bake, or roll out dough and bake for three or four minutes before removing to put on your healthy pizza toppings. Afterward, finish baking until crust has browned and cheese is melted.
For the Sauce;
1. Heat oil and add chopped onion and garlic until golden brown
2. Add diced capsicum, chopped herbs, sugar, salt and tomatoes.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes
4. Allow the sauce too cool for about 10 mins then blend until texture is like a paste.
When making a pizza at home make sure to go easy on the cheese, it should be a thin layer and not overloaded else it becomes too heavy and will fatty.
Top the pizza with lots of vegetable toppings, like chopped mushrooms, olives, onions, capsicum and try adding lean meat cuts, or even prawns, mussels or crab meat. This increases the nutritional value of your pizza and significantly lowers the fat content.
If you're struggling with your weight you can also use capsiplex pills and see the best results ever!
Tips for making a healthy pizza at home Reviewed by Eirini Pappa on 7:04:00 PM Rating: